FB9u—Calculating Duty and Fees (fill in gaps)
Subscriber price: $15.00, Non-subscriber price: $20.00
Estimated total study time: 1 hour 30 minutes
This fill-in-the-gaps learning focuses on the calculation of duties and fees. The HTSUS provides duty rates for virtually every item that exists. Rates can be ad valorem, specific or a combination. These rates are calculated usually based on a quantity such as net weight or the entered value.
This module does not have a study assignment per se, and assumes that the user has some existing understanding of the topic. A person with little or no prior understanding of this topic should take a regular GISTnet course covering this topic instead.
Calculating Duties and Fees (fill in gaps)
Instructions for use of this learning module:
- Take the pre-test. Select only responses that you are confident are correct. Do not guess because an incorrect response will cost you points. If you pass this test, your module will close and you can feel confident that you have a basic understanding of the material.
- If you do not pass the pre-test, the next step is to take an assessment-for-learning at least twice. The immediate feedback messages will provide the correct responses, with links to read more about what the question addresses. Each time you take an assessment you will gain more knowledge on the subject and reinforce what you have already learned.
- Once you feel confident you can correctly answer all questions encountered in the assessments-for-learning, continue on to the assessment-for-record. This can be taken as many times as required to pass. Passing this assessment will complete the module.
Please use "Instafeedback" in your assessment-for-learning and the short form following your assessment-for-record for any questions you have about this topic of concerns about our learning process.
If you need help in using the system, please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 310-376-3888.
(Estimated study time: 1 hour 30 minutes)
- Types of Duty Rates
- Ad Valorem Rates
- Rates Assessed on Units and Measures
- Compound Duty Rates
- Calculation of Duty
- To get Net Entered Value
- Calculation of Duty Included
- Computation of User Fees
- Agriculture Commodities Fees